Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1st Holiday-Eggnog Cookies!

Happy Holiday Cookie Marathon!

I am thrilled to have this opportunity to make cookies for the next 31days and share my stories with you. We should take bets on how much butter I will have gone through. I have lots of supplies and feel ready to go. Early monday morning I kicked off my cookie madness by making these holiday eggnog cookies, with Judy Simpson on WCAX TV. This recipe is a simple start. I love the delicate flavors and it does taste like eggnog.

I would enjoy knowing what cookies you make and how they turn out. You may post comments and questions at the end of each post. Then of course there is always the contact page on mychefcontos.com.

Thanks for tuning in & Happy December 1st 2009!

















Holiday Eggnog Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon dark rum
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons fresh grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoons salt

Powdered sugar for dusting finished cookies

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Cream butter in a electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and rum. Then add nutmeg, salt, and flour. Mix well but not over worked.

2. Chill dough for 15 minutes for easier handling. Shape into 1inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and dust with powdered sugar.







































No comments: