Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cookie Marathon Comes To an END




My cookie marathon comes to an end but not without one last recipe. Ending on a healthy note has been on mind, especially since I tallied up my cookie marathon butter totals. Yikes!

I will continue on with other things now, like culinary coaching for you, and working on my cookbook.

I would like to thank all of you for your support and for sharing your enjoyment. Prince Charming gets a big thank you for his support, encouragement, and for doing all the dishes! I would also like to mention Lauren, Belinda, and Susan, thanks, life would not the same without fabulous girlfriends.

My Blog will continue on into it's third year. You never know what spring may bring. Another marathon?

Just for fun:
Number of cookies without butter- 5
Total butter used- 41 sticks of butter
Funniest moment- Christmas day, outside arranging my gingerbread village. Prince Charming was video taping me, taking my photo shoot. Out of no where I asked my gingerbread village animals, men and women to smile for the picture.
Favorite cookie- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk
Cookies made, but didn't make the cut- Turtle cookies, gingersnaps and cherry chocolate oatmeal.
Favorite picture- Chocolate Espresso Sparklers
Favorite moment of the month- Reading about my cookie marathon in The New York Times!
Last minute trips to the store- To many to count.



Cookie talk- I heard about sunnies and thought really? But when I tasted them I knew they were going to be the last cookie of my marathon. I wanted to end on a healthy note so Sunnies are perfect. A no-bake cookie that can be quickly prepared. This is a great cookie to keep around when you want a healthy snack. Great for the kids. Other than a few small changes this cookie is a Waite original from St. Albans Vermont. Thanks big Jim and Marilyn.

Sunnies
Makes 14

1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
1/4 oat bran
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Place seeds, nuts, oat bran, salt, and wheat germ in food processor. Finely grind.
2. Then add honey and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
3. Shape into balls and flatten with a fork. Top with a chocolate chip. Cover well and refrigerate.







No comments: