Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 31st- St. Nicolas Cookies





Gourmet Magazines from long ago have covered many surface areas in our home for a couple months. They bring me great smiles, laughs, and wonderful recipes. One recipe from a very old November Gourmet was part of our Thanksgiving meal this year, creamed pearl onions. Today I am sharing a cookie recipe I love from a 1971 issue of Gourmet Magazine. This recipe is called Speculaas - St. Nicolas Cookies. I have scanned the recipe for you and shared pictures of the cookies. You should be able to read the recipe fine if you zoom in. If not contact me. Also, I scanned old December Gourmet covers and a couple cheese adds that make me laugh!

Happy New Years Eve Day!























Below-Gourmet Magazine 1955 and 1956, cheese adds.







No comments: