Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope the luck of the Irish is with you always. This delicious recipe for Chocolate Guinness Brownies was introduced to me while I was teaching at The Chopping Block Cooking School. For years now,these rich & moist brownies have become part of our St. Patrick's Day feast.
Chocolate Guinness Brownies
¾ ounces sugar
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
¾ cup flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 ¼ cups Guinness stout
Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8” square baking pan.
- In an electric mixer, combine eggs and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, combine bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and butter in double boiler. Stir periodically until melted.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and beat into egg mixture.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder and beat into chocolate mixture.
- Whisk in Guinness stout.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into center comes out almost clean. Remove form oven and let cool on a wire rack. To serve, dust with confectioners sugar and cut into squares.