Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sweet Home Chicago

Recently Prince Charming and I enjoyed a quick trip back to my home town, Chicago. The Drake is where I rest my head at night if I am not staying with family. I adore the old world charm and elegance. The Drake and I go way back as my mother used to work at the American Airlines ticket office, that
many years ago was located in the lower level of the hotel. Having grown up a block from The Drake my family and I were regulars for brunch and high tea. Since I was knee high I enjoyed exploring this grand hotel and my fondness for it continues. Prince C. and I had a blast! After a memorable meal at Rick Bayless' Topolobampo, we enjoyed live jazz with a full house at The Drake's Palm Court room. Straight out of an old movie, the setting was loaded with luxurious details and glitzy touches, topped off with cocktails and live jazz. Chicago's Greek Town and I are also extremely close. It's not a trip home without visiting Greek towns, Pan Hellenic Bakery, Athenian Candle Company, Greek Islands restaurant, and The Parthenon restaurant.






The Palm Court Room





This Pancake House is located on the same block I grew up on.  There is no other restaurant I've eaten at more, than this Pancake House.  Okay, maybe my father's. 

We enjoyed a Pancake House favorite, the Dutch Baby and could not resist some waffles. 


Nice outside view of The Drake Hotel.

Above -The house I grew up in, 105 East Bellevue.
Below - We stopped in Greek Town's one of a kind Athenian Candle Company 
for Greek Easter supplies.




Of course many Greek flags came home with us. 



No comments: