Monday, March 4, 2013

New Classes, New School, and a Kickstarter



Sugar season in Vermont has always been a joyful time for me, simple because I adore the whole story and taste of Vermont maple syrup. Sometimes I think it's why I moved to Vermont 7 years ago, but this time of year also means my father's birthday (today), St Patrick's Day (mom's soda bread), and Greek Easter (ouzo) which is just around the corner. This time of year I also start my
vegetable garden design as well as organizing my seed starting plan and tools. This year I have something BIG to add to my spring life, the opening of Chef Contos Kitchen & Store. I have been working hard getting ready for an early April opening. Chef Contos Kitchen & Store will be located in downtown Shelburen Vermont at 65 Falls road. So far the most exciting part of the process has been talking to small artisians of the U.S. and deciding what specialty foods and tools to carry. Of course I am having my share of conversations with electricians, my lawyer Steve (keeping me legal),  my wonderful fire marshal (no really!!!), Dan at Poulos insurance (so nice!), Norm at Cocoplum Appliances (a deal worker, thanks Norm!), Justin at JD Design (like minded), Dustin at VT Farm Table (amazing work!), Deb at TD Bank (incredibly helpful), my new neighbors (Nancy at the toy store, Deb and Steve at Shelburne Country Store), Belinda at Dolce Design (I may have driven her crazy), and Dave the plumber (who is all smiles).

It is not to early to sign up for a cooking class at Chef Contos Kitchen & Store. New classes just added!


Please Check Out My Kickstarter!!!

Not signed up for my newsletter? View the latest.

Now I ask for your support. Please help make this dream come true by making a big or little donation to my KICKSTARTER! Kickstarter is a cool way to help a small business get up and running. You pick the amount and your credit card will not get charged until my total goal is met. Thank you for your support! Those of your who already donated, thank you!!! I am so grateful! 16 days to go!











No comments: