Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Baking

Here we are again, another fun filled year almost behind us. Last years cookie marathon was such a blast that I decided keep it that way, so no cookie marathon this year. New recipes will be posted and delicious holiday baking will still be had! Actually, I am on day four of my fruitcake recipe. This two week process will be finished and ready to eat on the day of our holiday party.
As a young squirt I was given fruitcake by my babysitter and cried because I found it so awful, but I am confident that this years recipe will be to my and my guests liking. So far it has 1 1/2 cups of booze, so off to a good start.

I encourage you to scroll through last years cookie marathon recipes and make some of your favorites. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk, Kourabiethes, and Chocolate Chip have already been in and out of the German cookie tin. Grand Marnier Sandwich Cookies are next on my list to make, we just love them!


A new cookbook has come to my library and it is all about cookies! A James Beard winner with tons of pictures called Great Cookies. This beautiful hardcover cookie cookbook makes a nice gift.


No comments: